1. JBBC’s present place of worship is at 111, Jalan Dato’ Sulaiman and had been utilising this premise since the late 60's. As with some churches in Malaysia, the land use category was that for residential purposes.
2. In the year 1990 and 2003 respectively, JBBC received eviction notices from the local authorities for using the land other than for dwelling purposes. In both cases, JBBC appealed against the order and were successful in the appeals.
3. In 2003, following our appeal against the eviction notice, JBBC by faith and prayer, submitted an application to the State Government to convert the land to that for religious purposes.
4. We experienced the power of God in working a miracle when JBBC obtained approval from the State Government in April 2005 despite objections from all the relevant Government authorities. This was in spite of the fact that we had no political or financial power to influence the outcome, just the POWER of PRAYER! By the grace of God, He allowed us rest from further eviction notices.
5. Thereafter, it took JBBC another 8 ½ years of patient prayers before we finalised our application to the Planning Department of the Johor Bahru City Council (MBJB) in August 2013 for a 3-storey building. Around 2012, MBJB had changed the Local Plan around our locality to allow Commercial developments. Projects after 2012 were to be restricted to not higher than 2 stories. JBBC appealed that the 3-stories height be maintained.
6. While the appeal was been deliberated by MBJB, we decided not to follow up with the authorities but instead prayed for our Heavenly Father to intervene and change the hearts of the authorities.
7. On Christmas eve 2013, God worked another miracle and turned our fears to joy! Again, we had no political or financial power to influence the outcome, just the POWER of PRAYER, yet by another gracious act of God, our plans remained COMPLETELY intact.
8. In April 2014, the Power Company insisted that an electrical sub-station had to be constructed within the site due to our power requirements. We appealed that the sub-station be replaced with a compact sub-station which took up less space. Once again, the POWER of PRAYER prevailed and the Power Company approved our appeal.
9. In July 2015, MBJB approved our Building Plans. Our journey of faith and reliance continues as we now seek God the Provider to open His Hands to provide the funds through His People.
10. More importantly, the spiritual building up of the People of JBBC continues, which is JBBC's theme for 2016.
11. We see the POWER of GOD’s HANDS every step of our journey. We give Glory to that POWER!
12. Ephesians 3: 14 – 19, “For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with POWER through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have POWER, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge – that you may be filled to the measure of all fullness of God.”
13.. Ephesians 3: 20, 21 “Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his POWER that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
14. Matthew 28: 18 – 20, “Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”